I use Vintaj quite a bit, but I hadn’t had a chance to experiment with the embossing or the patinas. I finally got the chance to work with both this past month.
I ordered the whole range of patinas, because when it comes to color, I like being able to work with a very broad range.
However, since I splurged on the patinas, I needed to cut back on the embossing folders I wanted and I just ordered one that I thought would be very versitle.
This turned out to be a very good plan!!! I will be posting later on the proper way to emboss, and a further tutorial on the patinaing, but I just wanted to give you a overview of how the process went and how I felt when I was finished.
I started out by embossing all of the blanks at once. I chose different parts of the folder so that all of the pieces came out a little different.
Then I started applying the patinas with a paint brush. The colors dried fairly quickly, so I had to work fast when blending.
It got messy very quickly!!!
Once they were dry, I sanded down the raised parts to expose the brass underneath. Here is a before and after shot.
The most tedious part was the sanding. I started out using the Vintaj block but quickly realized that for a large group wet/dry sandpaper was much more efficient.